Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

bread


I always thought that everyone she sold food to hated her.

The first time I took notice of the vendor by the MRT Edsa Ayala bus stop was when she was ardently coercing a jeepney driver to buy more than he needed. The poor guy wanted to get “Suman” from the lady and he wanted two pieces and due to a steady stream of convincing on the vendors part, the dude went away with four.

The lady just shoved the extra 2 “Sumans” down the loose pockets of the jeepney driver’s vest.

This would be the reason why I though that all her customers hated her. Then one day I found myself buying bread from the lady.

“magkano po?”, I said while pointing.

“quatro.”

“dalawa ho”

The lady looked at the three pieces of bread. Here we go.

“kunin mo na lahat.”

Then she flashed the sweetest smile you could imagine in a 1 kilometer radius. The fat lady, with her glass eye, short cut hair and thick sun kissed skin was on the charm offensive.

“sige na ho. akin na lahat.”

I always thought that everyone she sold food to hated her. As it turns out, everyone hated her and loved her all at the same time.


curiosity killed the cat:
www.godchecker.com
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?